How does this work – what is the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)?
A realtor organization that gives us access to every home on the market. It simplifies things as you work with just one agent to see every home out there.
- If you see a lawn sign or a listing on any website, send it to us and we can help you with it. This not only streamlines the process but I’ll be working in your best interest as opposed to an owner or listing agent working for the seller’s best interest.
- We can even help you with For Sale By Owners – we have a lot of experience there too.
Is there a cost to me?
No, that’s the best part! All we require is your loyalty – we’re paid by the Listing Broker who offers part of their commission to MLS buyer agents.
Home Search Services
Here’s an overview of the services we’ll provide to help you find the right home:
- Continuously review/update the criteria for your dream home
- Search the MLS and FSBOs; leaving no stone unturned to find the right home for you
- Schedule MLS instant property match notifications so that you are aware of all new matches immediately as they come on the market
- Call and investigate properties you see from lawn signs, by owner, and websites
Home Purchase – Next Steps and Services
What happens once we find that dream home?
- We’ll provide recent sales data to make sure you offer market value on a home of interest
- We’ll prepare a Contract of Sale for you to execute using an e-signature service provided by the MLS and then submit to the seller’s for signature if they accept the offer
- We’ll send the fully executed Contract to your attorney for a 3 day period to review and make sure all is good to finalize. If necessary, we’ll help you choose a Real Estate specific attorney that we trust and work well with
- The home inspection is ordered – we will provide some good companies for you to consider
- Based on the inspection, we renegotiate, cancel or waive any inspection contingency (meaning you are fine with the inspection results)
- After inspection, if proceeding, you’ll write an earnest money deposit which will be held in escrow. This is to show that you are serious and committed to the deal – these funds will be applied towards your total down payment at closing
- The appraisal is ordered for the bank to make sure the home is worth what you are paying. If your loan is FHA or VA, the appraiser will also look for any issues that the bank will require the seller repair prior to closing
- Assuming all is well with the appraisal, you go through process to get your loan commitment while the attorneys handle the title work
- Prior to closing, you’ll need to obtain homeowner’s insurance
- The bank issues clear to close, you do a final walk through of the home and the closing is scheduled…..and then you get keys!
That’s a lot, right? Don’t worry, we’ll guide you every step of the way and continuously be in touch with your lender and your attorney to ensure a smooth process!