What are the keys to selling your home for the highest price, on the timeline you desire and with the least amount of stress?
It boils down to five factors:
First, it’s important to understand that a buyer is going to find your home in one of three major ways, in order of likelihood:
- MLS and their Buyer’s Agent
- Online search
- Open house/Lawn sign
What is the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)?
It’s a local Realtor organization to share listings. The Listing Agent markets the home to all Buyer Agents through the MLS so every local agent will help sell your home. The MLS also syndicates your home to Zillow and every major real estate website that buyers use today.
95% of homes sold involve the MLS and two real estate agents – the Listing Agent and the Buyer’s Agent.
So, does it really matter what agent lists your home? Technology and the MLS have leveled the playing field and all agents will get your home equivalent exposure by putting your home in the MLS and distributing it to every major website.
However, choosing the right agent is important – getting your home exposure loses value if it’s not presented or priced properly.
This consists of presenting your home in the best light to attract the most buyers and capitalize on the exposure that’s being delivered. Here’s how we have you covered at Own NY with both maximum exposure and presentation:
- Professional photography for the best images
- Professional virtual tours
- Detailed description – reviewed and approved by you
- Highest quality sign available – 6 foot white post and 36 inch panel
- Featured Property Page on com
- Guidance on how to prepare your home for showings
- Premium Open House signage, preparation and execution
Due to the online real estate marketplace, today’s buyers are watching for the right house to come on the market – if your house is priced right, you will attract the maximum number of buyers able to pay the price your home is worth within the first four weeks.
Both under-pricing and overpricing could cost you thousands. If overpriced, you’ll miss the right buyers and by the time you adjust the price to align with market value, the length of time on market could impact what buyers are willing to pay.
Pricing is not an exact science but there’s enough data available through technology to dial in the right range and where you start on that range depends on your motivations and circumstances. We do our homework at Own NY and have the team and experience to guide you.
Once we have a buyer on the line, you can maximize your return by having an agent skilled in negotiation. You are in good hands with the Own NY – a highly productive team that has closed thousands of transactions with decades of collective experience to help negotiate the best deal on your behalf.
Last but certainly not least is service – maybe the biggest differentiator among agents. At Own NY, we pride ourselves on providing the maximum level of attention and service to our clients:
- Selling a home is stressful and we feel it’s important to keep you up to date with all that is happening on a consistent basis – we put ourselves in your shoes
- Deals can have hiccups and challenges and an agent who stays involved and on top of things will save deals
- The Own NY team model is a significant benefit – collectively, we’ve seen and experienced anything that can happen and know how to keep the deal moving forward and ease your stress level